Calling all talkers! Help Columbia Slough share its mission with the community.
The position: Outreach volunteers represent the Columbia Slough Watershed Council at farmers markets, paddling festivals, street fairs and outdoor festivals all around North and North East Portland. The Outreach Taskforce shares our mission to foster action to protect, enhance, restore and revitalize the Slough with the community. Volunteers engage event-goers in conversation, field questions about the organization and its events and provide general enthusiasm around all things Slough-related!
Time commitment: Scheduling is flexible. Volunteers are expected to commit to 1-2 programs per month over the outreach season (May through August) with the option of continuing until Fall. Get to know the position and the details by attending our Outreach Taskforce Orientation on Wednesday, April 13th from 5:00pm - 8:00pm. Contact us to get on an email list to stay informed about this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Enthusiastically represent the Council at various festivals and events
- Engage in conversation with the public around Council events and programs
- Maintain and care for outreach materials
- Strong communication, teamwork and leadership skills
- Able to work in variable outdoor conditions
- Able to take direction and initiative
- Familiarity with the Columbia Slough Watershed in N and NE Portland
- Interested in local flora, fauna and water quality issues
Location and Transportation: Programming also takes place at a variety of other locations across the watershed. Volunteers are responsible for arranging their own transportation to and from the event site. Sites are generally accessible by car, bus, and bike.
- The opportunity to engage with local communities and be a part of enhancing the Columbia Slough Watershed
- Public speaking and hands on event management experience
Interested? Send a brief letter of intent (1-2 paragraphs) that explains your interest in this team to Volunteer Coordinator Hanna Davis at email@example.com or send your letter to 7040 NE 47th Ave, Portland, OR 97218.