Advancing Equity: Creating an Inclusive Movement
Force of Nature Awards Luncheon
WHEN: Tuesday, Oct. 18
12:00-1:30: Force of Nature Awards ceremony and luncheon
WHERE: Oregon Zoo, Cascade Crest Ballroom
4001 SW Canyon Rd., Portland
Summit: $10 for partners, $20 for non-partners, FREE for first-time Summit attendees. Scholarships available.
Luncheon: $15 for partners, $20 for non-partners
REGISTER by Tuesday, Oct. 11. Seating limited to 300; event expected to fill.
The Intertwine Alliance is planning yet another fantastic Fall Summit at the Oregon Zoo – and like many of our gatherings, this one has a few unique twists.
This year we've added a luncheon for presenting the 2016 Force of Nature Awards and celebrating the winners, to be followed by an afternoon focusing on the challenges of equity and inclusion in our sector. A roll-out of the Alliance’s new Equity Strategy and a chance to learn about a range of equity-focused groups, project and resources will be the highlights of the afternoon’s agenda.
Choose from the following for three break-out sessions of 20 to 30 minutes each:
- Bicycle Transportation Alliance -- recent organization restructure through an equity lens
- Access Recreation -- AccesTrails
- Soul River -- organization and programs
- Vive NW -- organization and programs
- Wisdom of the Elders -- organization and programs
- Teatro Milagro -- El Payaso play and environmental education curriculum
- Center for Equity and Inclusion -- tranings and programs
- Urban Nature Partners PDX -- organization and programs
- RxPlay -- programs and expansion
- Metro -- equity strategy, Parks and Nature; Nature in Neighborhood grants
- Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation District -- equity strategy
- The Intertwine Alliance & U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service -- equity strategy
We'll anchor the day with the ever-popular networking/social hour for bonding with friends and making new connections.
You can purchase tickets to the luncheon and the summit separately or together. As always, first timers to Intertwine summits are free, and scholarships are available. Please register here by Tuesday, Oct. 11.
Questions? Please contact Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org.