Join us in our mission to protect, enhance, restore and revitalize the Slough and its watershed by joining our Volunteer Paddle Team!
Each year the Columbia Slough Watershed Council hosts dozens of educational paddling events that expose adults and children to the wonders of the Columbia Slough. We're seeking novice to advanced paddlers who would like to volunteer to assist with our Twilight Paddles, Slough School kids' paddles and our summer festivals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Assist staff members with canoe and kayak-based educational and recreational activities
* Monitor and lead volunteers in the paddling area at events
* Facilitate safe, inclusive on-water activities with kids and adults
* Perform routine maintenance on boats and paddling equipment
* Novice to advanced canoeing and kayaking skills
* Strong communication, teamwork and leadership skills
* Able to work in variable outdoor conditions, sometimes cold and/or rainy and dark
* Able to take direction and initiative, provide leadership when needed
* Able to lift 30 pounds overhead
Details and Registration
View of the full position description for application information and for instructions on how to register for our April 11th and April 16th trainings.
The Council has a lot of other volunteer opportunities, too. Check 'em out!